Subject: Re: Compiler timings on varous MVII NetBSDs etc.
To: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/23/2001 16:18:10
> > >It looks more like a straight PDP-11 V7 port than VAX.  Interesting.
> > >Maybe the hacking was not all that substantial, after all!
> >
> > So do any of the MicroVAX other than the MicroVAX I have full PDP-11
> > emulation?
>
> But you're not thinking about running NetBSD 1.5 on the pdp11 ?

Interesting.  My take on it, is that like the PDP11 and the 4M ram
limitations, we are reaching a 16mb ram limitation in the old VAXentoyz.
I am sensing that gcc may be running out of ram.  Especially in the
25 hour kernel compile arena and the neverending perl compile thicket.
Isildur got a kernel compile in 30 minutes on a KA650 box.

Isildur, what ram do you have in that KA650 box?

Bob