Subject: Re: Compiler timings on varous MVII NetBSDs etc.
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/23/2001 14:19:35
pcc also generates fast code. faster than gcc on vax at any rate.. i
should do a more involved comparison than the little shootout between gcc
and pcc and ultrix/vax cc that ragge and i did.. though we had machines
of somewhat different characteristics, but pcc2's code was at least as
fast as gcc's best optimization.

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Matt Thomas wrote:

> At 01:32 PM 1/23/2001 -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> >pcc is a *terrible* compiler.  If we shipped pcc instead of gcc (not that
> >we can, due to licensing; SCO owns the code) you'd be complaining about

 pcc was in net2 though, wasnt it? it's not encumbered code.