Subject: Re: old companies are cool
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@entropy.tmok.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/23/2001 13:53:28
Dave McGuire drunkenly mumbled...
> On January 23, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> > i am an employee of Mack Trucks, Inc.  once again, the 100 year old companies
> > pull through for those of us without the common sense to just buy a PeeCee,
> > install windows, reboot, reboot, reboot, and get on with our lives.

this is exactly as it should be.

>   ...I think you mean WITH the common sense NOT to just buy a
> PeeCee.

this is what i meant, but i was saying it in something that is called, uhm,
crap, i don't think irony is exactly the word i'm looking for, hmmmm, almost
like juxtaposition, only from a farther distance?  hmmmmm.

when you make a point of saying something by saying the oposite, my mom calls
it being a smartass, and that's probably the closest i'm gonna get to
explaining it.

cheers,

-brian