Subject: 4000/60 all lights on, what error?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/22/2001 23:36:24
Sigh. I took apart my 4000/60 to photograph it for the house of VAX page,
then re-assembled it, and when I powered it up I get zilch, nada, nothing.
8 LEDs all lit on the front, nothing on the terminal connected as a
console. On the "big" VAX an 'F' in the display usually means that DCOK
isn't asserted but I've got no clue what it means here. I've tried with all
the memory pulled (except the 8MB on board), with the Frame buffer removed,
and with the disks removed. Nothing changes it. It was working when I
powered it down for tests. I keep looking for something that I failed to
reconnect but everything appears as it should be. The light on the PSU
turns on green. Nothing connected on the back except power and the terminal.

--Chuck