Subject: Re: VAX 4000/400
To: M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@entropy.tmok.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/22/2001 19:06:20
M J Dowden drunkenly mumbled...

>      The big box VAX 4000 series has rechargeable batteries (someone
> recently posted that there are 3 AAA NiCad's in there). My VAX
> 4000-300 had dead batteries when I first got it, but they EVENTUALLY
> charged up and the unit then remembered the settings. Give it time to
> charge.

once i get a machine up and running, i try to not power it off if at all
possible.  so, since i don't have to deal with rolling blackouts, and from
the 3/4 of a month that i've lived here the power seems to be pretty reliable
i don't think i should have to bother.  however, if i do power it off and
it loses it's config just once, it gets new batteries. :)

thanks!

-brian