Subject: Re: 4000/200 Booting Troubles.
To: ville hautakangas <vhautaka@cs.Helsinki.FI>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/22/2001 15:30:41
On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, ville hautakangas wrote:

> > Here's the fun part. If I try to boot from EZA0, it seems to go well -
> > it loads the kernel, shows a bunch of stuff, shows "SHAC on ibus0 not
> > supported" (or something of the like), then "uba0 at ibus0 (Q22)" - then
> > stops. Just freezes, doesn't do any more. This is original as-released
> > 1.5 - have there been any changes since that would fix this? Or is this
> > indicating that I've got the cards in the wrong slots?
>
> At least for me, the NetBSD 1.5 netbsd.ram istallkernel
> didn't work on the Vax 4000m200. Had to do the installation
> manually.
>
> Although, my error msg was just a ?HLT INST thing.

Yep.  It turns out that netbsd.ram does not contain 4000/200
support.  Netbooting a generic kernel and hand installing seems to work
okay, though, although I've yet to boot mine of disk successfully.

-
Jon
 - The opinions expressed are not necesarily those of my employer.
 - USATODAY.com latest Health news for 12/4/2000 at 2:10 p.m.:
    Tobacco firm backs lung cancer test: Spaz the cat will never again
    want for medication to relieve his constipation.