Subject: Re: argh! && MicroVAX 3400 questions.
To: Erno Palonheimo <esp@cc.hut.fi>
From: Graham Gillies <bofh@telus.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/21/2001 11:42:40
On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 09:27:48PM +0200, Erno Palonheimo wrote:
> The full pin-out is:
>
> 1 -> 6
> 2 -> 5
> 3 -> 4
> 4 -> 3
> 5 -> 2
> 6 -> 1
>
> Is this correct? :-) If not, I can drive to work, make yet another
> cable and report success/failure.

Thats the pinout I use on mine, with butchered phone connectors. When
I originally aquired my 3400 it didn't work either. There were all
sorts of things I did so I doubt I can pinpoint what it was. There was
a pin in the console connector bent, you might wanna check to make
sure it wasn't abused. Also the MMJ crimper I found was slightly
damaged and crushed some on the plastic bridges between the pins, that
too me a while to realize. I removed the batteries from the console
panel then it came to life. I didn't see why that should matter so I
put them in later and it still worked. Maybe it wasn't the batteries
it was the striping it down and cleaning all the connectors and
switches. Perhaps its worth a try.

Good luck.

--
Graham Gillies  <bofh@telus.net>