Subject: Re: argh! && MicroVAX 3400 questions.
To: Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
From: Erno Palonheimo <esp@cc.hut.fi>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/21/2001 20:40:33
Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de> writes:

> Hi !
>
> On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> > ok, i am attempting to boot my VXT2000+  got the software, have it sitting on
> > the tftp/nfs machine.  got dhcp setup to point the vxt2000+ to the right place.
>
> When booting via MOP, you just name the "vxt" file "VXT.SYS", boot with
> B /100 ESA0
> on the VXT and enter "VXT" as bootfile
>
> TFTP: no clue, didn't use it for several years i think.

TFTP is broken on some versions of VXT2000+.  But, I just got two new
MicroVAX 3400 machines - unfortunately I can't get them to speak to
the console.  I'm using a home-brew cable which has DEC MMJ connectors
on both ends - the pin-out is the usual (1->6, 2->5 etc).  The thing
seems to start up just fine, but nothing is printed to console.  What
should I try next?

--
Erno Palonheimo ; esp@iki.fi ; http://iki.fi/esp/ ; +358505604765