Subject: Re: VST2000+ software
To: None <wonko@tmok.com>
From: Frederik Meerwaldt <frederik@freddym.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/21/2001 11:54:12
Hi!

> i have the VST2000+ software for my VST2000+ on a CD.  the only problem is i

VST2000+?! Do you mean a VXT2000+?

> popped it into the CD-ROM on the sparc20, and Solaris has NO idea how to
> deal with this thing.  what can i pop this CD into to read it?  i should be
> able to get access to just about and DEC machine/OS at work if it takes
> that.

You have most likely the OpenVMS Freeware CD. It is in the OpenVMS
Files-11 format. You need an OpenVMS Machine to read this CD. And then
there are 2 OpenVMS Savesets for the VXT2000+ Software on this CD, which
you have to install on your OpenVMS Machine with @sys$update:vmsinstal to
get the vxt.sys and vxtex.sys (the bootfiles).

HTH
Best Regards,
	Freddy

--
Geek Code 3.1: GCS s+: a--- C+++ UBOU+++ P-- E--- W++ N w--- V++ PGP- t? 5? tv

Frederik Meerwaldt  ICQ: 83045387  Homepage: http://www.freddym.org
 Bavaria/Germany              OpenVMS and Unix Howtos and much more
 FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, IRIX, Tru64, OpenVMS, Ultrix, BeOS, Linux