Subject: Re: IEEE FP on VAX? [was Re: Trouble by compiling/configuring Perl5 on NetBSD-1.5]
To: NetBSD/Vax mailling liste <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/20/2001 00:08:01
if anybody is interested, i have placed a (very old) emacs that works on
the VAX (if you have 4.3BSD compatibility, it should run fine, maybe even if
you dont!) (comments in the config.h also claim to run with X, but this
probably means X10 or at least a really ancient X11), on
cmuccvax.vaxpower.org in ~guest
username/passwd guest/guest
the emacs dist is emacs.tar.Z, it's in source. Maybe it will even compile
with gcc?
It's a distribution of emacs from rms himself :-)
Til i get my vs4k60 going, i wont be able to try it out under netbsd
myself.. btw anybody notice there are 20 16 meg memory sticks for
vs4000's on sale on ebay? anybody want to split some of those with me? i
only need a few.. my '60 only has the 8 megs soldered onto the
motherboard :(

happy hacking,
isildur