Subject: Re: Test kernel available
To: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/16/2001 14:29:33
On Tue, 16 Jan 2001 jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de wrote:

> On 16 Jan, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>
> > Well, if it did, I suspect the software was VAXELN anyhow.
> What is VAXELN? / What is the difference betwen VMS and VAXELN?

VAXELN is a standalone realitime OS meant to be used on bare metal
systems with no disk and so on.
Not neraly as complex or fancy as VMS. If it has any commonality with VMS
it's rather far away. Don't be confused by how messages looks, and so on.
Judging by those, you could almost think RSTS/E was VMS. :-)
DEC tried to implement standard looks on their systems.

	Johnny