Subject: Re: Test kernel available
To: None <wonko@tmok.com>
From: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/16/2001 13:26:44
On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> i've got a VXT2000+ here, and a copy of the software it runs.  the guy i got
> it from was convinced that it was only possible to boot this thing from another
> Ultrix/VMS machine, but stated that he didn't really know anything about
> NetBSD.  if all it does is netboot, i should be able to netboot this thing off
> of whatever i have laying around?  NetBSD, VMS, or Solaris.  probably Solaris
> since my sun boxes have the most disk space of the machines here.
>
> that would be cool, cause i don't have a copy of VMS laying around and i don't
> really feel like monkeying around with Ultrix ever again in my life.

Yepp, there's no problem booting the VXT from any other OS that has a
bootp and tftp server. I even did something that was kind of perverted...
I booted my VXT from a Win95 box running freeware tftp and bootp servers.
:-)

--
cheers,

/Anders

I am Pentium of Borg... -Division is futile!

* Anders Hogrelius       Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: anders@hogrelius.nu
* SE-72216 Vasteras
* SWEDEN