Subject: Re: Test kernel available
To: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@entropy.tmok.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/15/2001 17:09:15
jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de drunkenly mumbled...
> On 15 Jan, Michael Kukat wrote:
>
> > VAXen never knew about TFTP to boot systems AFAIK.
> > MOP is the way to boot them.
> I think you know that there is an exception: The VXT2000. It is a VAX
> based Xterminal and it can boot via bootp/dhcp and tftp. The software it
> runs looks like a striped down version of VMS.

hmm, speaking of.....

i've got a VXT2000+ here, and a copy of the software it runs.  the guy i got
it from was convinced that it was only possible to boot this thing from another
Ultrix/VMS machine, but stated that he didn't really know anything about
NetBSD.  if all it does is netboot, i should be able to netboot this thing off
of whatever i have laying around?  NetBSD, VMS, or Solaris.  probably Solaris
since my sun boxes have the most disk space of the machines here.

that would be cool, cause i don't have a copy of VMS laying around and i don't
really feel like monkeying around with Ultrix ever again in my life.

if someone could confirm this maybe i'll add it to my list of things to do.

-brian