Subject: Re: Test kernel available
To: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/15/2001 21:54:08
Hi !

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de wrote:
> > VAXen never knew about TFTP to boot systems AFAIK.
> > MOP is the way to boot them.
> I think you know that there is an exception: The VXT2000. It is a VAX
> based Xterminal and it can boot via bootp/dhcp and tftp. The software it
> runs looks like a striped down version of VMS.

Yeah, ok. Didn't see this a s real VAX :) And the OS it is runnig is a kind
of "VAXELN" AFAIK.

> p.s. Didn't you investigate the possibility to run NetBSD on this "VAX"
> some time ago?

For now only the SID value is in the headers... Didn't get through the
memory map for now... But who knows... this weekend i hat lots of inspiration
for 4 other VAXen to run NetBSD, let's await the VXT2k-port :)

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.