Subject: Re: NFS for netbooting?
To: Paul Duncan <paul@chaos-hovel.demon.co.uk>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/13/2001 20:42:03
Hi !

On Sat, 13 Jan 2001, Paul Duncan wrote:
> So, presumably the next thing to do is get the NFS server on Linux going
> and start exporting things. I'm slightly confused about exactly how to
> do this. There seems to be something about bootparams, but I don't know
> if this is actually needed or not... I've looked at the bsdfans crash
> course, and that's what's confusing me.

Linux... ouch. This leads into problems by default. Which kernel do you use
there? Linux claims to know about NFS3, but the kernel doesn't know about it
really. Linux NFS is a bit awful, i heard of success with the option
--no-nfs-version-3 to nfsd or mountd or so, but i never verified this, because
i quit linux with kernels > 2.0.*. If you use a 2.0 kernel, there is no real
problem, and you can collect some hints on
http://www.bsdfans.org/crashcourse.php

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.