Subject: Re: More raining and pouring VAXenbits!
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Mattias Nordlund <mathew@eagle.y.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/12/2001 22:49:37
> Anyway, who has power input requirements and cooling requirements
> for the CPU chassis on the VAX 7000 line?

I have no idea exactly what it uses, but the rack on "mine" have a note
saying 5.5Kw, 12A V ~380-415. And on the main PSU i says 500VAC, 1A. And
we are using a 3-phase 16A powercord to it.

About migrating the machine out of the rack, I don't think you will be
able to do that, there is nothing 19"-ish about it, and you need that
monstrous fan that is in it to cool the cpu/mem-cabinet and XMI-cabinet.

But if you can get the whole rack in to the house without your wife
knowing, it's a mean machine =)

/Mattias