Subject: Re: More raining and pouring VAXenbits!
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/12/2001 13:26:17
On January 12, NetBSD Bob wrote:
> inside the tape changers is what appears to be one of the later
> 4 gig dat transports.  I am hoping they are salveageable, too.

  Sheeeee-IT!  If those are SCSI DLT4000 7-tape jukes, they're very
nice, and are a pleasure to use.  I sold a pair of 'em about six
months ago to a reseller for about $600/ea.  Looks like you scored
quite a deal.

  Dammit. ;)

> None of the PeeCee types seem to have an interest in it during
> the Friday morning dumpster diving feeding frenzy at the MooU
> surplus pit.....(:+}}...

  ...that makes it that much better for people who know about real
computers!

> But, how would I explain hauling it into the basement under the
> wive's furrowed browe......(:+{{...

  Hmm.

> Anyway, who has power input requirements and cooling requirements
> for the CPU chassis on the VAX 7000 line?

  No idea offhand...

    -Dave McGuire