Subject: Re: TurboChannel in VS4000/90
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/09/2001 18:42:33
On January 10, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> > i can put a VAX on my FDDI ring?  you're right.  that would rock.  now i need
> > to get a VAX that has a TURBOchannel option.
>
> I seem to remember that there was a Q-bus FDDI controller at one time
> too... :-)

  Was?  Is.  But they're scarcer than hen's teeth and unbelievably
expensive.  I've been looking for one for about two years now.  Two of
them went on eBay about 1.5 years ago; I was the high bidder for a
while but I got sniped (by a certain DEC reseller!) at the last second
on both.  Each went for many hundreds of dollars (just short of $1000
if memory serves).

  One thing I've since learned about eBay...to avoid being sniped, one
must be a faster sniper.  Thus I've honed my sniping skills to
razor-sharp precision, and I screw that certain DEC reseller to hell
and back every chance I get.

             -Dave McGuire