Subject: X support
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/09/2001 22:47:26
I have spent the last time to really try to get X windows working on
3100's, and now I have something that works at last :-)

Things that do not work correctly yet includes the hardware cursor;
there are some specialities around it.

The credits for this should actually go to Matthew Fredette and Emil Öberg,
both of them wrote (independent of each other!) support for the mono
framebuffer. I have mostly been hunting for bugs and side effects.

This should probably work on VS2000 also, but I haven't tested it yet.

There is a test kernel and a X server available at
ftp://bakfull.campus.luth.se/netbsd/netbsd
ftp://bakfull.campus.luth.se/netbsd/Xvax

Please fetch it and test how it runs.

-- Ragge