Subject: Re: Ethernet MAC address for MicroVax II
To: Ben <bluesky6@ix.netcom.com>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/07/2001 15:22:41
If you have the 3300 handy, the easiest way is to pull the DEQNA or DELQA
card out of the MVII, plug it into the first open slot on the MV3300 turn
on the MV3300 and type
         SHO ETHER
at the chevron prompt. The network card will show up as XQA0.

If you are planning on netbooting then just start mopd in "debug" mode
(using -d) and tell the MicroVAX II to boot (B XQA0) and then go back to
the place where mopd is running and note the MAC address of the person who
just asked to be booted.

There is also a way to use the 'E' (examine) command to look at a magic
address in the Q-bus I/O space and have it tell you what the ethernet
address is, but that one I always forget for some reason. If someone
recalls it and sends it to me I'll put it on the house of vax pages.

--Chuck