Subject: Re: Emacs 20.7, problems with float support (was: Re: IEEE FP on VAX? [was Re: Trouble by compiling/configuring Perl5 on NetBSD-1.5])
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/07/2001 00:38:33
On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, der Mouse wrote:

> > GNU-Emacs is nowadays a sick creature.  Maybe someone should grab the
> > original EMACS and port it...
>
> That wouldn't be all that easy.  IIRC the original EMACS was a bunch of
> TECO macros.

Correct. But that's not the big problem. There are TECO for Unix. The
problem is that ITS TECO have a lot of goodies not in any other TECO
version, along with some other neat things, like compiling TECO...

> Not that having a TECO around wouldn't be Cool, at least to the
> retrocomputing geeks...I still vaguely recall how to read another file
> in, something a bit like 0HDKEXPRfilename$$....

:-)

Well, if people are interested, I'll dig out the location of where you can
fetch TECO. :-)

	Johnny