Subject: Re: Perl port funzies?
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/05/2001 09:25:23
> Check the mailing list archives from about last week Bob, there is no IEEE
> floating point capability on the fax and so the include file tries to
> include the machine dependant version and fails. You can try deleting the
> reference to the machine version but I don't know if that works.

That is what I did.  In the perl5 config.h file at around line 1160
there is a call to define IEEEFP.  Commenting that line out fixed
the problem.  It still did not fix the speed.....(:+{{ about 12
hours for a gmake and perl compile on the MVII, and I have to do
that for each revision (1.2, 1.3.2, 1.4.3, and 1.5).  It will be
a long weekend.....

Thanks

Bob