Subject: Re: VAX 4000/300 netbooting questions
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <corleyja@hushmail.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/04/2001 09:02:41
--Hushpart_boundary_yzIfUCAyJbuzgpSuxhkAeDbQoZZXHgwq

I kind of forgot to at least update this thread with the good news that
my VAX 4000/300 now netboots NetBSD 1.5 into multi-user mode flawlessly.
 Thanks to everyone for all their help.  Of course, since I'm NFS mounting
the directory structure from a Red Hat Linux box the permissions on everything
are all screwy (I didn't see anything that indicated a way to fix this -
- did I just miss it or does a fix not exist yet?).  I suppose I can wait
for the DSSI support or until I see a cheap MSCP controller to fix that
issue.  Now that I have a working NetBSD box I'm going to start setting
myself to learning the BSD way of doing things.  Other than the documentation
on the NetBSD home page, is there any highly recommended reading you guys
can point me to?  Again, thanks for all the help.
Jason

--Hushpart_boundary_yzIfUCAyJbuzgpSuxhkAeDbQoZZXHgwq--

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  If you are not using HushMail, this message could have been read easily by the many people who have access to your open personal email messages.