Subject: Re: Earliest VAX port?
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/03/2001 16:49:17

> > I am wondering if I could back-compile it from a working 1.2 VAX?
> >
> I used pcc from 4.3 when I started the development, and later switched
> over to another version of gcc than was in the source tree. The compiler
> was distributed separately, hence no compiler in the tarballs.

OK.  What was the development system (Reno?), and if so, in the 1.0A,
could the precursor system binaries run directly in 1.0A?

I finally got a working 4.3-Tahoe system up, and was thinking of trying
a pcc port for some comparisons on a NetBSD 1.0A and a 1.4.3 system,
if possible (assuming I can make a viable pcc port).  That would help
answer some possible gcc bloat things I was thinking about.

Thanks

Bob