Subject: Re: Earliest VAX port?
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/03/2001 11:17:15
> NetBSD Bob writes:
> > Ragge, do you or anyone else in the crewe have a backup of the 1.0A
> > sources or binaries anywhere?  I got enough to get a machine up with
> > it for some testing, but I could not get the C compiler and other things
> > to work right to compile a MVII only kernel.  If you or anyone still
> > has the 1.0A stuff floating about, I would like to get a copy, for
> > some comparison testing, with a stripped MVII kernel.  The earliest
> > thing I can find after that is the 1.2 suite.
>
> Could the i386 cross-compiler code be used to build 1.0A or 1.1?

I have a mostly working binary set, but the C compilers and one or
two other things are not there.  What I need the sources for was
to try to rebuild a stock 1.0A machine with all the required bits.
Ragge suggested supping the source tree, but I don't have a machine
on the net handy enough to do that, so was looking for a tarball
set.  I am wondering if I could back-compile it from a working 1.2 VAX?

Bob