Subject: SCSI disk performance.
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/03/2001 09:51:08
Hello,
I have a "NEW" 4000/90 and 2 SCSI disks:

RZ25
RZ29B

Actually I built a 10 MB file and tryed to do transer rate tests with dd
the results are that transfer from RZ25 to RZ29B and from RZ29B to RZ25 it
goes around 1 MB/s.
Transfer from RZ29B to itself (RZ29B) goes around 500MB/s.

I think these performances are really LOW.
How can I improove the speed performance ? Do I have to play with tunefs
??

I had before the RZ29B disk on a DEC Multia  and it worked out at about
3 MB/s.

Are those transer rate speeds normal or you think they are particulary
slow ?? I had the same transer rate on my i486 PC 8 years ago.

thanks

Rick