Subject: Re: fun with SCSI, not.
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/29/2000 23:36:51
Something seems wrong. I get over 1.2 megabytes/sec through my CQD440
on a uV3600, and about 900K-1MB through a UC07 on the same machine.
The Qbus is nominally a 3.3MB/sec bus.
is your board order proper? do you have some rogue board thats generating
a gallon of interrupts?
also, i note youre using 512b blocks with dd. try bigger blocks, 4K, 8K, 20K,
and see how the speed improves. Especially on a UC07 which is SCSI-1 (as
opposed to the 440 which is scsi2) you shoudl notice quite a speedup.

happy hacking,
isildur