Subject: VAX 4000-300 and SCSI
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Mattias Nordlund <mathew@eagle.y.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/29/2000 15:12:04
Hi!

I have installed NetBSD 1.5 on a VAX4000-300 with a CMD scsi controlller
and the installation went just fine and it found my RZ26L as ra0 (think it
found it as a RA80?). But when trying to boot from the disk it will only
go as far as the boot-loader, but not any longer. When it is supposed to
load the kernel it just sits there. I guess there is something wrong with
the bootloader, but what can it be? Can it be that it install a
ra-bootblock wich can't boot the scsi disk or the other way around, and
how do I change bootblock if so is the case?

/Mattias