Subject: Re: Any NetBSD installations on VAX 11/{780,750,730} systems?
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Jarkko Hermanni Teppo <jate@UWasa.Fi>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/29/2000 15:02:16
On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 12:48:47PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Dec 2000, Jarkko Hermanni Teppo wrote:
> >
> > The uVAX 2000 MFM controller is supported for RD-disks in 1.5. Okay,
> > I haven't tested the release but it did work on 1.5A.
> >
> 	Its commented out in GENERIC for 1.5, though the scsi driver
> 	seems to be there. Did it ever get bad block support?

No idea. I actually never even looked at the VAX conf-files as I
didn't even dream of compiling anything on that uV2K and I still
haven't gotten my 8350 up and running, it's on my TODO list however.
Besides, I could use an extra heater:)

> > So there might be hope for hp300 MI-SCSI ?:)
> >
> 	Well, it still needs someone with an hp300 to write some code :)

(way OT)
and someone with the docs for the Fuji chip, MB87033B I think. I'd settle
for getting syncronous transfers working properly, right now it's at max
~1MB/s.
--
jht