Subject: Re: Microvax 3100-30
To: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Mats O Jansson <maja@cntw.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/28/2000 05:43:55
On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, Brian Chase wrote:

> Wow, you actually get to single user mode on the MicroVAX 3100-30?
>
> Hey, who's been sneaking in ports of new systems into the tree?! :-)
> Someone should fess up to this cause I've not heard anything about the
> MV3100-30 being added yet.  And from what it sounds like, it may only need
> a little bit of work to get the console functioning properly.

In early september I reported to ragge that I was running a netbooted
mv3100/30 with 1.5_ALPHA. It announced itself as MicroVax Vaxstation 4000
VLC. This was fixed in 1.52 of locore.c.

mv3100/30 and vs4000/vlc is the same generation of machines (both using
the 440 SOC cpu) so I wasn't surprised to see it work. I was running it
for a couple of weeks. But since then the disk containing the system has
crashed.

-moj