Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5 on uVAX II (Questions)
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@vaxpower.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/27/2000 20:44:35
Lord Isildur writes:
> heroic effort on the part of the core ports people that things still work
> and new hardware gets supported...
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^

On port-vax??  You gotta be kidding me.  From what I have seen, the
newest VAX hardware is about 10 years old. :-)

I would like to see a "compile" option for rc.d, where the rcorder
command sorts the scripts, then dumps them out in order to /etc/rc.d.run
or something.  Then this single big monolithic script can be used on
the really really slow systems.  If a /etc/rc.d/* file changes, then you
manually re-compile the rc.d.run file, or /etc/rc could have the smarts
to check, but that would slow it down again.

Hmm, I'll have to look at the scripts, and see if this is even possible.

-Andrew