Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5 on uVAX II (Questions)
To: der Mouse <mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/27/2000 19:51:18
I have to agree with this sentiment. I havent upgraded past 1.4.3
myself, and actually went back to 1.3 on alpha after many problems with
1.4x... if only i had some more time and there was a critical mass of
people interested in doing it, i'd more seriously propose forking off a
more true-to-the-old-school small&fast BSD. My focus would of course be
DEC architectures: PMAX, VAX, and Alpha, and i would cater to those
arch'es at the expense of being nice to others, but i have been already
modifying the netbsd distro a bit every time i put it on a system, and
if there were enough of us, i'd say lets just fork our own maintenance. I
still read port-vax and a couple other lists because theres a lot of good
hacking being done here and a lot of very relevant discussion and good
info, but the folks who are driving the direction of netbsd itself need
to get back on track, theyre drifting into linuxland...

(anybody else like to see something like 4.3reno running on an alpha?? :-)

isildur