Subject: Re: Microvax 3100-30
To: Pascal Cimon <pcimon@pcsnc.com>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/27/2000 15:30:15
On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, Pascal Cimon wrote:

> I'm currently trying to get a Mivrovax 3100-30 to run with netbsd 1.5.
>
> I'm able to boot both from cd and netboot without error message, able
> to stop autoboot and interact with the boot loader but when I boot
> even though I get no error message as soon as I get the install screen
> or the "press RETURN to use sh" prompt I cannot send any input
> whatsoever, it's as if the console is frozen.
>
> This is not a Vaxstation so it's not confusion between graphic and
> serial port as it has no serial port. this model is not in the list of
> supported hardware. The closest I've seen is the 3100-80. Can this
> system work with netbsd?

Wow, you actually get to single user mode on the MicroVAX 3100-30?

Hey, who's been sneaking in ports of new systems into the tree?! :-)
Someone should fess up to this cause I've not heard anything about the
MV3100-30 being added yet.  And from what it sounds like, it may only need
a little bit of work to get the console functioning properly.

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
Did you ever notice that giraffes have long legs?  Most people think they
have long necks but I noticed that their legs are just as long.  -- K.