Subject: Microvax 3100-30
To: 'port-vax@netbsd.org' <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Pascal Cimon <pcimon@pcsnc.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/27/2000 15:06:34
Hello All,

I'm currently trying to get a Mivrovax 3100-30 to run with netbsd 1.5.

I'm able to boot both from cd and netboot without error message, able to
stop autoboot and interact with the boot loader but when I boot even though
I get no error message as soon as I get the install screen or the "press
RETURN to use sh" prompt I cannot send any input whatsoever, it's as if the
console is frozen.

This is not a Vaxstation so it's not confusion between graphic and serial
port as it has no serial port. this model is not in the list of supported
hardware. The closest I've seen is the 3100-80. Can this system work with
netbsd?

I'm using a vt420 terminal connected to port 0 on the microvax and port 1 on
the terminal both mmj connectors. The terminal is currently set to 9600 8n1.

Thanks for any help

Pascal Cimon
pcimon@pcsnc.com