Subject: Any NetBSD installations on VAX 11/{780,750,730} systems?
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/27/2000 13:44:51
Just a question to be asked out of idle curiosity... Is anyone on this
list running NetBSD (any version of it) on one of the earlier VAX systems?

Given the recent discussion threads on the 1.5 release performing less
than wonderfully on slower hardware like the 0.9 MIPS MicroVAX-II, I'm
curious about it's usability on the ever slower VAX 11/750 and 11/730.

I do have a nice 4Meg MicroVAX-I which clocks in at ~0.3 MIPS, but NetBSD
isn't ported to it... yet.  A resource limited system like this would
surely test the bounds of NetBSD running with restricted resources.

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers.  -- Pablo Picasso.