Subject: Re: More netboot questions
To: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/27/2000 13:43:22
> > > Hi folks, it's Christmas day and I should be playing with the kids,
> > > but I'm playing with my MV3300 instead :-)
> >
> > Ah but my daughter and I have been playing with a cluster of VLCs so that's
> > considered "quality time" :-)
>
> Well it's good to know that the world of the next generation won't be
> filled entirely with Visual Basic programmers and lame Windows sysadmins.

Well, when I am down in the basement cpu pit, I try to take the grandson
down too, and let him boot the VAXentoyz, for fun.  He loves to watch
the boot messages go by, AND, he is beginning to know the correct
incantations (at age 1 no less).  He even carries around his own
keyboard to ``bang on''.  Much better than windoz stuff, for sure....
and also, good quality time.  When he gets a little older, I will
hang a spare terminal off the side and let him have his own account.
A VAX kid in the making.....

Bob