Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5 on uVAX II (Questions)
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/27/2000 08:58:56
On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, der Mouse wrote:

> Yes, but would the result be significantly more efficient than the
> split-up boot scripts?

Might it make a difference due to all of the #!/bin/sh invocations for
each script?  The new rc method is going to invoke it n times as opposed
to the old method's 1 time IIRC.

> When this was discussed back when the split-up
> happened, the only monolithic boot script option was, loosely speaking,
> "cat `rcorder` > /etc/rc".  Has it been improved?

Just my $0.02.

-Jon
 "Trout are freshwater fish, and have underwater weapons."
 "Zing, zing zing zing!"
 "Keep away from the trout."
 -- The opinions expressed are not necesarily those of my employer --
 "Who stole my lawn?"