Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5 on uVAX II (Questions)
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/26/2000 11:52:21
At 01:42 PM 12/26/00 -0500, NetBSD Bob wrote:
>p.s.  Can someone confirm that the 3 headed ESDI bus cable has NO twists
>       like the PC version, and that the usual drive ID's are 0/1/2 on the
>       DQ696 Dilogic ESDI controller?  Are there any rom things that need
>       setting like on the SCSI controllers off that little 10 pin port?

No twists, my 696 only supports two drives though. The last drive does need
to be terminated. There is a jumper on the board that allows you to get
into the firmware by typing:
 >>>b dua9
Which I found extremely clever of Dilog. You can also talk to it on the
async port (useful for PDP-11's) You must reformat the drive using the
Dilog controller as it will write some useful bits on the drive so to be
recognized later on.

--Chuck