Subject: Re: SQ706 firmware and mscp emulation vs real 4.3BSD bits...
To: Clint Wolff (VAX collector) <vaxman@newsocks.crwolff.com>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/26/2000 11:45:22
> What size disk to do you have connected to the SQ706A? I can't get my
> '750/4.3BSD to handle a 2.1GB drive, though Ultrix will with a little
> tweeking of the partition table. You might try a small SCSI drive,
> maybe 300MB or so...

My disks are 1.05 gig Fuji's.  They work fine on Ultrix and NetBSD,
but die on Reno/Tahoe.  I am sensing from what some folks on the list
have found on other controllers is that there may be a delay of 100us
needed somewhere, plus a bit set to get it to work.  It may be one of
those slight inconsistencies between DEC and external vendors' boards.

Bob