Subject: Re: panic in _ffs_blkfree during install
To: Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
From: Yubyub bird <jonl@yubyub.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/24/2000 10:55:02
Michael Kukat said on 2000-12-24:

> I had some comparable trouble today installing my VAXstation 3100m30, there
> happened very strange things on my sd1. Ans "sense while sense" or so from the
> SCSI device driver... finally, i decided to declare the hard drive as broken,
> as the other hard drive in the machine made no trouble. Maybe you try another
> disk?
>
> Just a hint :)

Believe it or not, I this is the second disk.  I used the console on the
CMD controller to verify the disk, and everything turned out okay (the
first disk was fine, but half way through the install I knocked it off my
desk.  Dumb - just plain dumb.  And ouch ;-)

--
Yubyub Bird
 "The opinions expressed are not necesarily opinions."