Subject: Re: panic in _ffs_blkfree during install
To: Yubyub bird <jonl@yubyub.net>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/24/2000 16:40:34
Hi !

On Sun, 24 Dec 2000, Yubyub bird wrote:
> > I was just untarring the 1.5 sets onto my 4000/200, and it stopped with
> > this:
>
> Upon rebooting and fscking the partitions, I got a:
>
> -----------------------------------
> PARTIALLY ALLOCATED INODE I=2005
> CLEAR? yes
>
> 1456800848 BAD I=2006
> -1882503150 BAD I=2006
> fsck: /dev/rra0a: Illegal instruction
> #
> -----------------------------------
>
> Strange?

I had some comparable trouble today installing my VAXstation 3100m30, there
happened very strange things on my sd1. Ans "sense while sense" or so from the
SCSI device driver... finally, i decided to declare the hard drive as broken,
as the other hard drive in the machine made no trouble. Maybe you try another
disk?

Just a hint :)

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.