Subject: Re: Fw: VAX4000/200 Netboot for 3 days and still not work.
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Hank Lee <thlee@home.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/23/2000 21:12:50
Chuck,
thank you so much for being patient with my questions.
Yes, the NetBoot is working now. I get the "#" and able
to do every step mentioned in Brian Chase's final chapters.
I am now studying on how to install NetBSD to the
harddrive device in the vax.

I am VERY new in vax which means I have no idea what
it means netbsd not support SHAC DSSI Disk controller.
Does this mean all devices named DIAx are not support?

If I cannot install NetBSD to these harddrive, can I install it
to the external scsi hadrddrive such as the DUA0 in my vax
box. What is the procedure to do the installation?

Once again, thank you very much for point me the right
direction on the diskless setup.

Hank Lee