Subject: Re: what's a BA213?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Pierre-Michel Ricordel <Pierre-Michel.Ricordel@imag.fr>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/23/2000 15:10:27
> Now when someone asks this question I have a URL to point them to:
>
> <http://www.mcmanis.com/chuck/computers/vaxen/ba213.htm>
>
> --Chuck (who is having fun with HTML these days ...)

On the web site, I read :

"The final scary bit about this cabinet is that it requires a very special
power cord. If you see one being thrown out save it as they are not that
common. It has a right angled end that looks like a standard IEC power cord,
but the connector has a notch taken out of it. Why? Who knows but it does."

Well, I think it is not so scary. My BA440 has the same notched power plug.
To my great surprise, I found that an old power cord I made 10 years ago has
the
same notch. The plug came from a grocery store totally unrelated to Digital.
Maybe these notched plugs are just a long forgoten IEC standard extension ?

More scary on the BA440 is the metal sheet that prevent a mysterious button
to be pressed
when the power cord is plugged...still wondering...

Pierre-Michel