Subject: NetBSD 1.5 on uVAX II (Questions)
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Ingram <ingram@symsys.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/22/2000 14:32:07
Howdy,

I haven't fiddled with my VAX lately.  We had a power outage and my
suitable serial console was on the other side of the building and the
booter won't finish its countdown when the machine is coldstarted.

But I have been reading the list and now that I've hauled the VAX over to
Mouhamed, I'm back in business.  So, a couple of questions:

1)  Is 1.5 worth trying on a low-memory VAX?  My system:

	MicroVAX II
	realmem = 11526144
	avail mem = 8810496
	Using 140 buffers containing 573440 bytes of memory.

2)  I'm currently running a kernel named _SMIDGEN_ that some kind soul
built to remove all the stuff the uVAX II didn't need in order to save as
much memory as possible.  Might somebody build such a kernel for 1.5?

3)  Has the little problem with the booter not booting after a cold start
been found/fixed?

Regards,

- Greg