Subject: Re: Q-bus IDE
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Sebastian Marius Kirsch <skirsch@moebius.inka.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/22/2000 16:48:26
On Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 10:16:41AM +0100, jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de wrote:
> i[3456789]86 machine + IDE + Linux + Linux-NFS-server = worst case. ;-)
> Relly, PCs and the crap that comes from them does not make fun. I use

The preferred platform for NFS should be Solaris, I think; as far as I
know, the Solaris NFS implementation is superior to every other. (Or so
they say at my workplace.) That's one of the reasons why I want an SS10
-- so that I can serve NFS from it ...

But you can always use a fast VAX with SCSI to serve a slow VAX without
SCSI. And knowing your machine collection, I doubt that you will have
problems finding a suitable pair of machines for that task. ;-)

Waiting for OpenAFS ...

--
Yours, Sebastian Kirsch <skirsch@moebius.inka.de>

Real Programmers don't need comments -- the code is obvious.