Subject: Re: Q-bus IDE
To: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
From: None <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/22/2000 10:31:45
On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, emanuel stiebler wrote:

> > It's not that far off.  I bought one at Best Buy for $99 with a rebate of
> > $10.
>
> Sorry, you're talking disks, not controllers ?

Your missing the point.  IDE disks have the controller on board and all
you need is an INTERFACE to the Q-bus.  SCSI however requires a controller
and is a major pain to work with save for you can interface a lot more.

In either case the real work is the device driver with the SCSI one being
simpler in some ways and harder in others depending on chips used.

Allison