Subject: Re: SQ706 firmware and mscp emulation vs real 4.3BSD bits...
To: None <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/22/2000 10:46:48
On 21 Dec, NetBSD Bob wrote:

> Why does it have to be so pointed to view....   We are all in this for
> the benefit of BSD, and that is all that counts.  Sometimes, some sticky
> ``special'' points of view get in the way, but, a good BSD freak will
> learn to code around it, right?  (:+}}...
Of course yes. But if you have the impression, that the "special" point
of view is only there to make the live of ohter people unnecessaryly
complicated...

> If you have any more information on this, it might be useful, for the
> sake of discussion.
I am sorry that I can not give you concrete hints. I tried a lot of
things to get Qj installed. I remember that I mounted the miniroot
image via the vnd device to manipulate the /etc/disktab of the image.
But I think this did not work.

> I am finding out some interesting tidbits as
> I work the various releases from 4.2BSD through NetBSD-current.
> Good way to learn things.
Oh yes. I got a lot Unix knowledge from various (Net)BSD install
sessions.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen