Subject: Re: Q-bus IDE
To: None <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/22/2000 10:16:41
On 21 Dec, Chuck McManis wrote:

> I think we agreed the cheapest way to add IDE drives to a VAX was to spend
> $20 on a 486 based PC, put Linux on it and mount the disks using NFS. :-)
i[3456789]86 machine + IDE + Linux + Linux-NFS-server = worst case. ;-)
Relly, PCs and the crap that comes from them does not make fun. I use
VAXen because they are funny, reliable workhorses.
And try to run 4.3BSD-Tahoe diskles via NFS...
So the one and only really usable solution will be a (T)MSCP emulating
Controller, regardless if there is EIDE or SCSI or Firewire/IEEE1393 or
whatever on the other side.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen