Subject: RRD40 works... kind of...
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Lane <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/21/2000 18:41:18
	I'm posting to report that installation, using the RQD50 dedicated CD-ROM
controller (DEC module number M7552), and an RRD40 CD-ROM drive to install
NetBSD 1.5 on a MicroVAX 3 (KA650) seems to work at least partway.

	The only hiccup I ran into is that the default directory that sysinst
selects to get the sets off the CD itself did not seem to be correct.
Either that, or the '40 just couldn't read more than the boot sectors from
the disc (it was, after all, a CD-R). So, instead of installing the sets
from the disc itself, I ended up vacuuming them down over FTP.

	I'll be pulling the CD out and putting it in another machine later on this
evening. I want to see exactly where the sets are on the thing so I can
figure out if it was a script problem or a read problem.

	Sploot!

Bruce Lane, Owner and head honcho, Blue Feather Technologies
http://www.bluefeathertech.com  // E-mail: kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com
Amateur Radio: WD6EOS since Dec. '77 (Extra class as of June-2K)
"I'll get a life when someone demonstrates to me that it would be
superior to what I have now..." (Gym Z. Quirk, aka Taki Kogoma).