Subject: Re: SQ706 firmware and mscp emulation vs real 4.3BSD bits...
To: None <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/21/2000 18:27:15
On 21 Dec, NetBSD Bob wrote:

> Following the thread with the Earliest VAX port, I was playing around
> last night with Tahoe, Reno, and Quasijarus.  None of them would boot
> with their native boot blocks.... bad karma.
Uhhh, yes. In summer I installed Quasijarus on a MVII with two RD53. It
was a nightmare. Mr. Sokolov removed the support for RD5x drives in his
current distribution. RD5x drives are not "real", form his, ahhm,
"special" point of view... I mixed the bootblocks and install sets from
Qj0 and Qj0a in some wired way and finaly I got it on a RD53 installed.
I think I used the boot blocks and miniroot from Qj0 and the tar-files
from Qj0a. Starting from Qj it will be quite easy to convert to some
4.3BSD stuff.
NetBSD can also be usefull to get Qj installed. As I know Qj needs a
disklabel on disks, that it does not know. If you compile the Qj
disklabel programm under NetBSD and write a Qj disklabel on to the disk
it may be possible to use any generic MSCP disk.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen